Sun-dried Tomato Bacon Chicken #alfredo ... I think that’s what we’ll call this. (First choice was Badass Chicken in Awesome Sauce.) —-
-1.5 lbs chicken breast or thighs
- 1/2 package bacon (~6-8oz)
- 1 cup grated parmesan (freshly grated is best)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 of 8oz jar sun-dried tomatoes - 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- big handful of spinach
1. Cook bacon in heavy skillet then remove. DO NOT discard bacon grease.
2. While bacon is cooking, pound chicken out to even thickness between two sheets of parchment paper. This ensures it cooks evenly.
3. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning blend and almond flour.
4. Cook chicken in bacon grease until cooked through. Remove. You’ll likely have to do 2 batches to be sure your skillet isn’t overcrowded.
5. Once chicken has been removed, turn off heat and wipe skillet with paper towel to get most of the little bits and pieces out, but not so much that you remove all the flavor.
6. Turn heat back on to medium low and pour whipping cream in skillet. Allow to come to a simmer and add sun-dried tomatoes (cut into strips). Simmer a minute or two, then slowly add in about a third of the parm and mix in well, repeating until all cheese is incorporated and sauce is smooth.
7. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and add in crumbled bacon. Then return chicken to pan (I cut mine into strips, but that is optional- i had kids in mind). Continue to stir until sauce is desired consistency.
8. Fold a big handful of spinach into the sauce, covering it all. Once it just starts to wilt, remove from heat and serve! My guys had it with pasta, but I just had it as-is with some Caesar salad.